Emergency Dentist 89103
You can’t plan for every eventuality and not every dental situation can wait for an appointment. In the event of an accident you should be prepared. Our dentist 89103 and the rest of our staff at Reflection Dental in Spring Valley Las Vegas would like you to be as prepared as you can be for a dental emergency by reading what follows.
Prevention is better than cure so here are some tips to avoid accidents by:
- wearing a mouth guard whilst playing any contact sport or other activity where you could get hit in the mouth,
- not using your teeth to open packaging or bottles,
- if you have a cracked tooth, avoid biting on things like ice, hard candy or popcorn (because of the un-popped bits!
In the event of a dental emergency in Las Vegas then follow the guidelines below before calling Reflection Dental.
- If you’ve knocked out a tooth, please call Reflection Dental 89103 first for emergency dental advice.
- If you have cracked a tooth, first of all rinse out the mouth with warm water and apply a cold cloth to the face to help reduce any swelling.
- A toothache can be treated by rinsing the mouth with water and cleaning around the affected tooth with dental floss. Do not apply any medicine to the tooth which has not been approved by the ADA or your 89103 dentist.
- If you have bitten your lip, tongue or cheek, rinse the area with warm water then apply a cold cloth to the reduce swelling.
- If you have anything stuck between teeth or between a tooth and gum, try to remove it with dental floss. Never use a sharp pointed object as this may cause further damage.